- I started my Inner Journey several decades ago by 1st learning to meditate & then becoming a teacher & putting people in Contact withe Source, Their Source. I worked with & Sponsored various highly evolved people, Healers, Clairvoyants & Developed Souls who showed me how to utilize their knowledge that strangely most couldn't discern or even hear.Withe Various Techniques & Tools I've been given or fathomed thru close observation, I have had some interesting experiences & journeys within. This knowledge also made sense of other experiences & preceptions that I encountered thru life'situations thru the years.Things like past lives or understanding another person patterns have opened to me as have my own. And as fascinating as all that is, my Aim is to Be Freed from this Illusion bringing as many as will come along EveNow. You can live in the World but don't have to take it seriously & in fact Joyfully & Easily get you much further to where you wanto be at any moment.I have shared thru my messages several of my inner connections like the ~Unknowable~ which is beyond the Relative & Absolute fields of Life,Also drawing down The_Grace_of_Ishvara,_Our Almighty Father Mother God/dess & The Transformational Rainbow Forest Odyssey + many other Activations, Techniques & Connections from various teachers & messengers.If they work & help & Lighten & Enlighten, I'm all for them & Share withose Ready.And It is time to Get Ready or Not~Change is Upon Each & All of Us Beyond Sci~Fi or Middle Earth or Any Tales or Fables you've heard of.... We Are in the Midst of It.Everything is Speeding Up SO BE READY!!!!!!(To View Older Posts check My Messages @&ALL PAO'S http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PAOR/messages
- ► 2017 (319)
- ► 2016 (387)
- ► 2015 (494)
- Sheldan Nidle Update~10-28-14~long dark night of t...
- CORRECT LINK for today's interview with Lost Knowl...
- LOST KNOWLEDGE interviews Sheldan ~ Tuesday, 10/28...
- Hilarion's Weekly Message ~ the new energy downloa...
- Rhythm of New Beginnings ~ ArchAngel Michael
- Agarthans walk among us ~ what is their role in ou...
- Clearing and Shielding with Archangel Michael
- Negative Clearing & Healing Technique into Lightne...
- Avalanche Portal of Success and Self Mastery
- "I Am ALL That I Am"
- LIVING ISHVARA'S GOLDEN GRACE THRU OUR ASCENSION
- 10~21~14 G F Update by Sheldan Nidle ..return in g...
- Lightbody Living: our new normal
- 'What do I choose to make real in my reality?'
- HILARION Oct 19 ~ creating the feeling & state of ...
- Earth's Sacred Crystalline Geometry
- Arigato, Dr. Masaru Emoto
- ENJOY THE Goddess Light Teleconference Tonight @ 6...
- BREATHING ISHVARA'S GOLDEN GRACE AS SUNLIGHT
- "Bright Blue Turbo"
- You are all divine beings created from Love by God...
- Crystals~Science is finally catching up to what th...
- From Ghana: Ebola is not real and the only people
- BREATHING ISHVARA'S GOLDEN GRACE
- Archangel Gabriel Speaks ~ Quiet Reflection ~
- 10~14~14 Sheldan Nidle ~ Many forces for good are ...
- Edward Snowden has hit out at Dropbox
- Understanding the Merkabah – Inter-Dimensional Tra...
- Hello citizens of the world. we are anonymous.
- HILARION 10/12/14 ~ By your light.. your soul sign...
- A Saul Message ~ The tipping point..for humanity's...
- Restoring Love’s Power by Goddess Isis
- A SHIFT INTO CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS
- "Conscious Intent Transformation"
- 10~7~14 G F Update by Sheldan Nidle ~ The days of ...
- We Should Be Protesting, Too
- BECOME THE PURE DE-LIGHT WITHIN YOU 6PM PCTonight
- You are each a part of this awakening. You are a d...
- HILARION 10/5/2014
- Fear, Your Greater Ascension Evolution and Healing...
- Hearts are opening, and enormous change is in the ...
- Creating of a Consciousness Field Dynamic ~ Shelda...
- "Compassion From Within"
- Allow the Grace of the Angels to...
- ▼ Oct (44)
Monday, October 6, 2014
We Should Be Protesting, Too
This week, tens of thousands of Hong Kong residents turned out to protest China’s plan for bringing democracy to that city. Rather than letting voters pick the candidates that get to run for chief executive, Beijing wants the candidates selected by a 1,200 person “nominating committee.”
This post first appeared on the Huffington Post.
This week, tens of thousands of Hong Kong residents turned out to protest China’s plan for bringing democracy to that city. Rather than letting voters pick the candidates that get to run for chief executive, Beijing wants the candidates selected by a 1,200 person “nominating committee.” Critics charge the committee will be “dominated by a pro-Beijing business and political elite.” “We want genuine universal suffrage,” Martin Lee, founding chairman of Hong Kong’s Democratic Party demanded, “not democracy with Chinese characteristics.”
But there’s not much particularly Chinese in the Hong Kong design, unless Boss Tweed was an ancient Chinese prophet. Tweed famously quipped, “I don’t care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating.” Beijing’s proposal is just Tweedism updated: a multi-stage election, with a biased filter at the first stage.
The pattern has been common in America’s democracy too. Across the Old South, the Democratic Primary was limited to “whites only.” That bias produced a democracy responsive to whites — only. The battle for equal rights was a fight to remove that illegitimate bias, and give African-Americans an equal say in their government.
Today there’s no “white primary.” Today, there’s a “green primary.” To run in any election, primary or general, candidates must raise extraordinary sums, privately. Yet they raise that money not from all of us. They raise it from a tiny, tiny few. In the last non-presidential election, only about .05 percent of America gave the maximum contribution to even one congressional candidate in either the primary or general election; .01 percent gave $10,000 or more; and in 2012, 132 Americans gave 60 percent of the superPAC money spent. This is the biased filter in the first stage of our American democracy.
This bias has consequences. Of course, we don’t have a democracy “dominated by a pro-Beijing business and political elite.” But as a massive empirical study by Princeton’s Martin Gilens and Benjamin I. Page published just last month shows, remove the word “pro-Beijing,” and the charge translates pretty well.
America’s government is demonstrably responsive to the “economic elite and organized business interests,” Gilens and Page found, while “the preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.” Boss Tweed would have been impressed.
Lawrence Lessig’s March to End Corruption.
The “green primary” isn’t a formal bar to election. But it is certainly an effective bar. There isn’t a single political analyst in America today who doesn’t look first to whether a candidate for Congress has the necessary financial support of the relevant funders. That money isn’t enough, and it certainly doesn’t guarantee victory. (Only 94 percent of candidates with more money win.) But no candidate ignores the money, or is ignorant of the views of the tiny fraction of the 1 percent that provides it. That’s not perfect control, but it turns out to be control enough to weaken the ability of ordinary Americans to have something other than a “non-significant impact upon public policy.”
The surprise in the Hong Kong plan is not that it fits Boss Tweed’s mold. The surprise is the reaction of her students, and now people. To imagine a proportionate number of Americans — 5 million — striking against our own version of Tweedism is to imagine the first steps of a revolution. But in America, we don’t protest our “democracy with Chinese characteristics.” In America, we have accepted it as as American as apple pie.
At least for now. There is no doubt that because of the way we fund campaigns, the “economic elite” — what conservatives call “the cronies” and progressives “corporate power” — have hijacked American democracy. And as frustration and anger about that truth grows, that elite will become as the whites of an apartheid regime: identified as the cause of a dying democracy, and the target of angry demands for reform.
It is hard to see this just now, since so much of popular culture idolizes extraordinary wealth. But as economic growth in the middle class stalls, and as inequality soars, an enemy will be found. At least unless the more enlightened of that elite, from both the Left and the Right, stop screaming at voters through their superPACs and step up to support the change that might weaken their power, but walk us back to a democracy.
Hong Kong’s students have started that struggle — for them, there. But their ideals are ours too, as is the flaw in the system they attack. We should be demanding the reform for which they are now fighting: an unbiased election, at every important stage. Or more simply: #EndTweedismEverywhere. http://billmoyers.com/2014/10/04/protesting/
The views expressed in this post are the author’s alone, and presented here to offer a variety of perspectives to our readers. http://billmoyers.com/2014/10/04/protesting/